- Model Numbers
- System Requirements
PCI-Express TV tuner for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.
WinTV-HVR-1280 PCI-Express DTMB-Hybrid features
- Supports the free-to-air DMB-T digital TV standard used in China and Hong Kong
- High Definition Digital or Analogue TV for your Windows system in a single slot PCI-Express 1x board. The WinTV-HVR-1280 includes an analogue TV receiver plus a Freeview High Definition DTMB digital TV receiver, all on one PCI Express board!
- New feature! Now with on-board IR remote control with dual IR blasters to control set-top-boxes!
- Built-in antenna splitter allows you to make one connection to receive either Analogue cable TV or DTMB Digital TV. Watch and record either Analogue or Digital TV from a single input.
- Includes Hauppauge WinTV v7 new HD software to watch, pause and record TV on your PC. WinTV v7’s built-in TV scheduler to record your analogue or Freeview digital HDTV programmes to disk.
- Connect to a satellite or cable TV set-top box with the built-in S-Video or composite connectors.
- WinTV-HVR-1280 is a compact, low profile, PCI-Express card that fits in all the latest Microsoft Widows XP MCE 2005 with SP2 or Vista Home Premium or Ultimate or Windows 7 PCs with a PCI-Express 1x/4x/8x/16x slot. If you have a normal PC or an extra slim one, WinTV-HVR-1280 comes with both full height and half height brackets.
- Included WinTV IR transmitter can control the channel changing. So you can automatically schedule and record TV from cable TV or a satellite receiver.
- Windows Media Center compatible.
DTMB over-the-air digital TV features:
- DMBT free-to-air digital TV tuner supports all DMB-T formats used in China and Hong Kong, up to the highest definition 1080i format.
- Pause live digital TV, with instant replay, skip, fast forward and rewind using the WinTV v7 application.
- Record digital TV programmes in original MPEG-2 quality.
- Use WinTV v7's built-in TV scheduler to automatically record your favourite TV shows. Playback your recordings at any time on your PC screen.
Analog tuner with Multi-PAL TV std and software MPEG encoders:
- 125 channel cable ready TV tuners built-in. With NICAM-TV stereo decoder, for great TV sound.
- The WinTV-HVR-1280 used sofwtare MPEG encoding for Analogue TV.
- WinTV-HVR-1280 can switch between analogue PAL TV and High Definition digital DMB-T Freeview TV, so you can watch analogue PAL TV now and receive DMB-T Freeview TV when it is available in your area. You can also connect your cable TV or satellite TV set top box to WinTV-HVR-1280, so you can watch, pause and record set-top-box programmes too.
External audio/video input features
- S-Video, composite video and stereo audio supported via its AV input port
- Record external audio/video with high quality software MPEG-2 encoder
With the latest WinTV v7 software and the WinTV-HVR-1280 you can
- Watch Freeview high definition digital TV (DTMB) or analogue TV on your PC screen or record it on your PC's hard disk!
- Pause analogue or digital TV, with instant replay, skip, fast forward and rewind.
- Record digital TV programmes in its original MPEG-2 quality.
- Record analogue TV to disk in MPEG-2 quality with software MPEG-2 encoder.
- Use WinTV v7’s buit-in TV scheduler to automatically record your favourite TV shows. Playback your recordings at any time on your PC screen.
Watch analogue and digital TV on your Desktop PC. The WinTV-HVR-1280 includes everything you need to watch, pause and record analogue PAL and digital Freeview TV on your desktop PC. A high quality PCI Express TV receiver and the Hauppauge ergonomic remote control create a complete upgrade kit for HTPC.
The WinTV-HVR-1280 can be used in either full height or half height PC systems, using the supplied low profile adapter bracket.
WinTV-HVR-1280 makes your PC future proof. WinTV-HVR-1280 can switch between analogue PAL TV and DMB-T digital Freeview TV, so you can watch analogue PAL TV now and receive Freeview TV when it is available in your area. You can also connect your cable TV or satellite TV set-top box to WinTV-HVR-1280, so you can watch, pause and record set top box programmes too.
WinTV-HVR-1280 is a compact, low profile, dual tuner, PCI-Express card that fits in Microsoft Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 PCs with a PCI-Express 1x slot. If you have a normal PC or an extra slim one, WinTV-HVR-1280 comes with both full height and half height brackets.
- DMB-T or Analogue TV reception requires a TV aerial (a high gain rooftop aerial is recommended). If you have a cable or satellite TV box, you can use the included “IR blaster” to control the box for channel changing.
- For Digital Terrestrial reception, some viewers may need to replace their aerials if the installation is old or in poor condition. Digital Terrestrial coverage is improving all the time as digital terrestrial television transmitters are continuously being updated. However it may take some time for full coverage to reach particular areas of the country.
- An Internet connection is required for the Windows Media Center EPG service.
- The WinTV-NOVA / WinTV-HVR uses a rooftop antenna in the same way that most people currently receive their analogue television programmes. Digital Terrestrial coverage is improving all the time as digital terrestrial television transmitters are continuously being deployed.
- For optimal reception of DMB-T channels with any indoor antenna (DMB-t compatible), you have to be in a location with minimum disturbance on the DMB-T signal.
- Hauppauge also reserves the right to make improvements and/or changes to the product, programmes and/or specifications described in the above information at any time without notice.
model 01272: WinTV-HVR-1280 with a multi-standard PAL TV and DTMB receiver and English manual
Included in the box
- WinTV-HVR-1280 PCI-Express 1x card with a multi-standard PAL TV and DTMB receiver, S-Video, composite video and stereo audio inputs.
- A Half height bracket, for use when installing in a low profile chassis.
- WinTV7 software installation CD-ROM.
- Composite to S-Vidoe adapter.
- Hauppauge ergonomic Remote control and batteries.
- IR receiver and blaster cable.
- Quick Installation Guide
- Processor 2.8 GHz Intel P4 or equivalent.
- Microsoft Widows 7/Vista (32 & 64bit) or XP (32bit only) with Service Pack 2.
- Available PCI Express X1 slot (can be used in x4/x8/x16 slots).
- Graphics with 64MB memory (or greater).
- Sound card or on board sound.
- CD-ROM drive (for Software installation).